We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Prized for its meat, cod is one of the favorite fish to cook at Christmas and other celebrations. Fresh or dry, there are many recipes and possible combinations to consume this delicious fish.
On this occasion we offer you a very traditional version of this dish, the Spanish cod. An authentic flavor that no one can resist. A way for your children to get to know this fish and benefit from its properties.
- Desalted cod
- 1 large onion
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 green peppers
1. Desalinate the cod: Submerge the portions in plenty of cold water, adding ice cubes from time to time. The water must be changed every 6 - 8 hours, for a total of about 40 hours.
2. Bring water to a boil with a little salt. Cook the fish with the potatoes.
3. In a frying pan, add a drizzle of oil and fry a whole onion.
4. Remove the skin and seeds from the tomatoes and put them in the pan with the onion. Also add some cloves of garlic, salt, pepper, parsley and a little wheat flour mixed with the water with which the cod was cooked.
5. When the tomatoes are cooked, remove the pan from the heat.
6. Cut the cod into strips, the potatoes into slices and the roasted peppers, without skin or seeds, into strips.
7. In a serving dish, alternate a layer of cod with a layer of potatoes and roasted peppers.
8. Cover the entire 'cake' with the tomato sauce. Bake for a few minutes to add color.
Recipe submitted by Carlos Giordano Junior - Brazil
Here are other fish recipes for kids.
You can read more articles similar to Spanish cod, in the category of Fish on site.